Sunday, September 13, 2009

Single digits!

Wow, hard to believe that my surgery is just 9 days away!!!

I'm trying to prepare mentally for it. We decided to go out to Sonny's BBQ last night. Dan mentioned it might be the last time I get to have their sauce because of sugar, etc in it. We have a few jars here at home, so I checked out the stats. My favorite one, just the regular mild, looks like I'll be able to have it! In a 2Tbsp serving it has 1g fat, 6g carbs, and 4g sugar. Being 2 Tbsp is about what I'll be able to eat in the beginning total, this should be fine for dipping some meat into. I believe the rule of thumb is to keep sugar under 10g/meal--I need to double check that though.

Sonny's was great and the boys were pretty well behaved. I'll admit, for the first time in many many years, I ordered all you can eat. Yikes. However, I couldn't even finish my initial servings! I've been trying to cut back in preparation for how little I soon will be eating. I had 1 slice of garlic toast, 1 piece of cornbread, about 1/2 the pulled pork, and 3/4 of the mac n' cheese. I tried one more bite of meat/toast and just couldn't do it.

On the way to Sonny's we noticed Max Muscle in the shopping center next door. I had been thinking it was downtown for some reason, so glad we saw it! We were going to check it out after dinner, they closed at 7 and we got out about 7:15. But at least now I know where it is and it's not as far away as I was thinking. There is another store my nut had told me about that is downtown so I must have gotten them confused.

This coming week is going to be a pretty busy one. Dan goes to work on Mon, Tues, and Friday. I have Dr appts on Mon and Fri. L1 has school on Mon, Wed, and Fri. Liquid diet starts Thurs. Fri Dan's mom gets to town for the weekend.

I've started talking some with L1 about how Mommy is going to have surgery and what is going to happen. I explained to him that the Dr is going to fix my stomach and I will be in the hospital for a few days, but that someone would be here with him and L2. It might be Daddy, it might be G, or it might be some friends in the neighborhood. He's of course hoping it's G and has already planned that they are going to go to the store and buy some pink flowers to plant a garden. He was a bit concerned that Grumpa wouldn't be coming because "Grumpa can't cook all by himself!" LOL. But he also know that Grumpa's knee is still hurting and G might have to stay there to help him. We've talked about how when Mommy comes home I might not feel well and he and L2 won't be able to get on my tummy because it'll be hurting. I'm sure he'll laugh at how little I eat. I'm fully anticipating L2 trying to drink my protein shakes and feed me his food, he gets a kick out of feeding other people. It's going to be hard on L2 not being able to climb all over me like he usually does. We'll just have to see how it goes.

9 more days...4 more until liquid diet. It's almost here!!!


-------
Oh, and I have a correction to the last entry. Dan did not report to his new squadron on Friday, but to the Wing. Monday he'll report to the squadron. Also, I learned this after he got home, but the person who told him no leave was just a civilian in charge of deciding who goes to what squadron and when. So him taking leave is still a possibility.

No comments:

Post a Comment