Thursday, September 10, 2009

My 1st BE order arrived!

I posted a few days ago that I placed my 1st order from BariatricEating, well it arrived today!

The boys were napping (thank goodness, it was a battle to get them down). Anyways, their slumber allowed me to dig into my goodies.

Since I ordered the sample pack, I wasn't sure what flavors would be included. I am very happy with what I received!

Here's some pics of the loot...


That is 1 package of unflavored protein (can add to all sorts of things), 3 month supply of Celebrate Chewable vitamins, and the sample pack.

My sample pack included:
  • 2 OhYeah! RTDs (Ready to drink)...strawberries & creme and bananas & creme. I actually just came across a recipe yesterday using the banana one for a shake that sounds WONDERFUL..
    I use 1/2 of the small bottle of bananas & creme, add ice, a 1/4 scoop of the Believe Chocolate peanut butter fudge and a teaspoon of PB2. It tastes like a combination of banana and Reeses peanut butter cup.
  • 1 isopure RTDs...fruit punch and grape frost
  • Believe Italian Cappuccino RTD. So I'm not a coffee person, AT ALL, but figure I might as well give it a shot! This brand only makes 2 flavors, 2 coffee-like and 1 is a tea...so none are my cup of tea so to speak. However, many people say tastes change after surgery. Maybe my taste buds will decide to grow up and like things like coffee!
  • 4 lean dessert protein samples...chocolate coconut candy bar, whipped vanilla cream, banana cream pudding, and fresh cinnamon roll. I think I just drooled a little!
  • 2 Matrix protein powder samples (these were bonuses!)...cookies & cream, strawberry cream
  • 4 Nectar fruit juice flavored protein powders...strawberry kiwi, vanilla bean torte, lemon tea, roadside lemonade, and fuzzy navel.
  • Blender ball cup...it's a cup for shakin' up the protein powder drinks! It came with a little metal ball that helps break up the powder for easier mixing. I told the hubs it would have been awesome for baby formula mixing!
  • Several sample packs of the Celebrate chewable vitamins. Although I ordered a 3 month supply, I'm excited about these! Some of the vitamins come in a few flavors, this way I can try them all out.
There are a lot of other things on the BE site that I want to give a try, and I haven't even tried anything I've gotten yet! I think I'll have to try the peanut butter cookie protein because it alone sound fab, but with the above recipe...yummy! Also the Whey Gourmet strawberry banana protein poweder because I love strawberry banana flavored things! At least I know whenever I buy yogurt in that flavor Dan won't eat it. I'm also interested in the OhYeah! RTD Cookies & Cream. I'm hoping that Max Muscle will have some of these I can sample on Monday when I go in! Eventually I'll look into the protein foods and no sugar foods, but it'll be a while before my pouch will be able to handle those.

Dan's been asking me what I want for my "last meal." I have to keep reminding him that I WILL be able to eat again! Won't be for a while, won't be anything/anytime/however much I want, but I WILL be able to eat!

No comments:

Post a Comment