Monday, September 7, 2009

First protein/vitamin order

I just submitted my first order for protein and vitamins!

Here is what I got (all from BariatricEating)
  • Celebrate chewable vitamins multi in mandarin orange, calcium in strawberry creme, iron in grape. These should last me 3 months. The multi has enough B12 in it that about 95% of users do not need an additional B12 supplement. That along with the flavors are the reason I chose the Celebrate brand. The Bariatric Advantage brand also comes highly recommended by many, but it would be at least 1 more pill/day and they are also more expensive.
  • Protein Sample Starter Kit, minus the book. I already have the book and am hoping that the kit will still contain the blender ball protein shaker. I'm going with this sample kit to, well, get a sample of a variety of things! Everyone says tastes change so much after surgery, so I don't want to buy much prior to surgery. For 3 days on my liquid diet prior to surgery I'll be drinking protein shakes (just not once I start bowl prep, ew.) so will get to sample them then.
  • PURE unflavored protein isolate was also added to my order. I think this will be great for when I'm a new post-op and on a lot of liquids or soups. I'm going to try my best from the start to get in all my protein! I know it is essential to helping the healing process.
I wish OhYeah! mixed pack would have been available, but it isn't and apparently isn't coming back into stock either. Bummer! I had it in my cart for a while and was going back and forth on what all to order when after a few days it jumped ship. I really wanted it to be able to try all the different flavors before ordering a case and maybe not liking something and being stuck with it. Ugh. Apparently a local place, Max Muscle, allows customers to sample before buying and they give WLS customers a discount! I think some time this week or next I'm going to have to check them out. I'm hoping they have the OhYeah! ready to drink drinks in stock. I'm really interested in the Cookies & Cream one! If not, I know they have the Nectar brand so I can try those out.

Anyways, I can't wait to get my box of goodies! Not much longer now, 15 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment