Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Stepping out of the shadows

From the time I began looking into WLS, I was discrete about it.

Why?

Many reasons.

Ashamed I've gotten to this point. Afraid of reactions (negative ones). Worried it wouldn't really happen. The list goes on.

But as the time comes closer and I talk to more and more people who have had it done, I want to stand on top of a mountain with a megaphone and let everyone know. Ok, maybe not a mountain...no one would hear! But you get the idea :)

I am VERY excited about this opportunity to gain such an awesome tool to better my life. The most important people in my life are 100% supportive of my decision.

Contrary to popular belief, this is NOT an easy way out. If you think that I really hope you do some research on your own. There are many misconceptions about WLS. Just like many other medical procedures or medications, please do not make assumptions. Research, research, research, and then decide your opinion.

If you have questions, I'll be glad to answer them to the best of my ability. Or find out an answer. I have done countless hours of research on it, the positives and negatives. I've talked to many people who have has WLS. I've found message boards with weekly online support meetings in addition to the monthly one my surgeon's office has. I am ready for this and very well prepared.

I appreciate everyone's concern but ask that if you have any negative reactions or comments to please keep them to yourself.

Thanks!

3 comments:

  1. Those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter! :) I'm so excited for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Morgan! If I can do anything from over here, please let me know. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Morgan! Do you know you have a "support" team that is nation wide? Shoot...we even go beyond that! I am behind you 100%! Looking forward to reading your journey! You'll do great! :)

    ReplyDelete